Emo France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS Empty Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS

Message  denovali Lun 6 Aoû - 1:25

Hi everyone.

After our little European summer break we're now back with four nice new releases of two new denovali artists and a couple of further updates.

NEW RELEASES
Before we're putting out the new TALVIHORROS album in fall we're now offering his first two albums for the first time on vinyl. Both limited to 350 pieces and with a stunning reversed side printed gatefold design.

''Some Ambulance'' should be the first port of call for those with even a passing interest in where electro-acoustic and ambient music is heading in 2009/10 (...)It is not an exaggeration to say this is one of my favourite records this year'' (SIC Magazine)

The second package we're presenting you this month features two records of the New York based composer Mario Diaz De Leon. Released on Cd under his real name earlier this year the album ''Hynos'' now sees the light of day as a 2xLP under the name ONEIROGEN. Steve Smith of the New York Times praised the disc for its "hallucinatory intensity''. In line with Hypnos we're directly offering the second Oneirogen output - a fantastix three tracks 12'' called Veni Nox Amina. Oneirogen will perform for the first time in europe at the DENOVALI SWINGFEST on October 6th in Essen (Germany).

All four releases are also available as direct download via www.denovali.com/mp3shop

NEW ARTIST
Additionally we're very pleased to present you a new artist - it's POPPY ACKROYD (also keys and violin for HIDDEN ORCHESTRA). We'll release her debut solo album in November 2012. Over here you already can find a first video of her work:
- www.denovali.com/poppyackroyd
- www.facebook.com/pages/Poppy-Ackroyd/156216581168832

NEW MERCH
We've reprinted a couple of shirts of denovali artists - in detail: Omega Massif, The Dale Cooper Quartet, Celeste, The Eye Of Time and Blueneck. You can find them all via the mailorder section.

DENOVALI SWINGFEST UPDATE
We're going to present you a free download sampler concerning the festival next week. You still can order your ticket via www.denovali.com/swingfest

DENOVALI MAILORDER UPDATE
We this week again received a lot of nice non label items for the mailorder including the Eraserhead Soundtrack on Vinyl, new Russian Circles Shirts, Year Of No Light Nord 2xLP repress, a new Troum album and Thisquietarmy Vessels on vinyl. A complete list available at the end of the newsletter.

DENOVALI BOOKING UPDATE
We're still searching a couple of last gigs fort he fall tours. You can find an overview via www.denovali.com/booking
- please get in touch if you like to help out with a concert.

Thanks a lot!
Denovali

Denovali Mailorder: www.denovali.com/mailorder
Denovali Mp3 Shop: www.denovali.com/mp3shop

den141 TALVIHORROS - SOME AMBULANCE 12'' | MP3

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS Someambulance

''Some Ambulance'' should be the first port of call for those with even a passing interest in where electro-acoustic and ambient music is heading in 2009/10, while I can imagine the uninitiated finding lots to love too. There's a strong STEVE REICH influence prevalent here, especially the skillful use of slide-rule repetition, particularly found on ''The Blue Cathedral' and ''Etude IV''. But other tracks take different routes, ''Death of a Dream'' paints a bleak MORRICONE-esque picture with its forlorn guitar and solemn atmosphere created using a vibrant tapestry of sounds as its backdrop. While ''A Rural Place'' contains a staggered synth-rythmn and discordant effects that reminds me of something THOM YORKE might come up with in his solo ventures. My favourite composition comes in the form of haunting opener ''Handwriting (Part 1)'' (and indeed it's closing part which ends this release) mainly down to the fact I can detect a strong Labradford influence from the way it builds from its grainy beginnings into a vast melancholic dronescape flickered with static and tape hiss. The effect of the whole piece is somewhat gratifying and I can't help but recall the first time I heard Nelson and co's seminal ''Praizision'' I've found myself going back to this record time and time again. It's endlessly listenable and it packs a surprise with each spin. A bit like Rudi Arapahoe's 2008 record ''Echoes From One To Another'', Talvihorros' release has come from nowhere and knocked me sideways. It is not an exaggeration to say this is one of my favourite records this year.'' Michael Henaghan, [sic] Magazine - For fans of BARN OWL, TIM HECKER and dense dark sound collages in general.

Stream: www.denovali.com/talvihorros
Download (7.00 euro): www.denovali.com/mp3shop
Facebook: www.facebook.com/talvihorros

Vinyl
::: thick reversed side printed gatefold sleeves
::: download code
::: 150 copies on ultraclear + 200 copies on black
::: Price: 16.00 euro

den142 TALVIHORROS - MUSIC IN FOUR MOVEMENTS 12'' | MP3

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS Musicinfourmovements

"With ''Music in Four Movements' I set out to compose four long pieces of music that would act as suites rather than shorter melodic songs as I had done on my previous record ''Some Ambulance'. Using longer time frames afforded the sounds time and space with which to evolve and move. This has led to what could be labelled as my most ambient work i have released but I think also the most intense. Throughout the recording process I became interested in the fundamental ideas of life and death and why people would choose to take their own lives, (reading ''The Road' on a day long train back to London from Scotland, hungover after New Year certainly contributed to this). Slowly a narrative presented itself and the 4 tracks started to represent a journey of the final days of someone who has chosen to end everything. I became particularly interested in reading stories about people who drowned themselves in rivers or the sea - a bleak yet strangely beautiful image of someone walking their final walk into the sea became a strong visual influence for the record." For fans of BARN OWL, TIM HECKER and dense dark sound collages in general.

Stream: www.denovali.com/talvihorros
Facebook: www.facebook.com/talvihorros

Vinyl
::: thick reversed side printed gatefold sleeves

den144 ONEIROGEN - HYPNOS Cd | 2x12'' | MP3

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS Hypnos

ONEIROGEN is Mario Diaz de Leon, a composer and multi-instrumentalist residing in NYC. ''Hypnotic walls of shimmering sound'' perhaps describe his aesthetic most broadly, whether his medium is electric guitar, electronics, or acoustic instruments. His influences include modern composition, underground metal, and noise electronics. ''Hypnos''finds Diaz de Leon focused on his style of hallucinatory music. Far from being a follow up to 2009°‰s ''Enter Houses Of'' (a genre defying album of new classical works), ''Hypnos'' is a new direction, merging ethereal synths, brutal distortion, noise, and dark ambient. The album takes its title from the Greek god of sleep (also closely associated with night, death, and dreams), and the music itself is an eerie descent into the otherwordly, recasting familiar elements in a revelatory new light.

On the opening and closing tracks, hyper fast synth tones create a rushing, cathedral -like atmosphere. Tracks such as ''Consumed'', ''Hypnocaust'', and ''Kukulkan'' feature psychedelic, crushing distortion as their primary focus, taking influence from doom metal, black metal, power electronics, new age, and horror soundtracks. ''Cinerum'' and ''Faithless'' are highly structured takes on dark ambient, bringing the listener into haunting, strikingly beautiful realms of isolation, bleakness, and saturated noise textures.

A debut album of Diaz de Leon's works for acoustic instruments and electronics, ''Enter Houses Of'' was released on John Zorn's Tzadik label in 2009. The disc received international acclaim from publications including Impose Magazine, The Chicago Reader, New Music Box, Pepper Zone (France), Touching Extremes (Italy), and The Bangkok Post. Time Out New York included included it in their ''Best of 2009°Â list; ''A startling new compositional voice exploded out of this disc, with wistful melodies haunting an abrasive mix of modernist integrity and anarchic noise.'' Steve Smith of the New York Times praised the disc for its ''hallucinatory intensity".

Stream: www.denovali.com/oneirogen
Facebook: www.facebook.com/oneirogen

Vinyl
::: thick matte gatefold sleeves
::: 150 copies on electric blue + 200 copies on black
::: Price: 19.50 euro

den145 ONEIROGEN - VENI NOX ANIMA 12'' | MP3

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS Veninoxanima

Further down the apocalyptic tunnel initiated on the LP "Hypnos", these 3 tracks of dark illumination from Oneirogen (aka Mario Diaz de Leon) were composed as a counterpart to the full length. We find again his characteristic synth and noise used to harrowing effect, full of dramatic textural shifts, while bringing the metallic guitar and voice more to the forefront. Like Hypnos, the overall structure evokes a narrative, suggesting a descent into a hallucinogenic abyss, followed by a requiem-like emergence.

Stream: www.denovali.com/oneirogen
Facebook: www.facebook.com/oneirogen

Vinyl
::: thick matte gatefold sleeves

DENOVALI WORLD WIDE WEB

www.denovali.com
www.denovali.com/mailorder
www.denovali.com/mp3shop
www.denovali.com/distribution
www.denovali.com/booking
www.denovali.com/swingfest
www.facebook.com/denovalirecords
www.twitter.com/denovali
www.soundcloud.com/denovali
www.youtube.com/user/denovalirecords
www.myspace.com/denovali

STILL ACTUAL

den128 | Bersarin Quartett - II Cd | 2x12''
den129 | The Samuel Jackson 5 - Easily Misunderstood 2x12''
den130 | The Samuel Jackson 5 - s/t Cd | 12''
den131 | AUN - Full Circle 10''
den132 | Saffronkeira - S/t 10''
den133 | Pirate Ship Quintet - S/t Cd | 12''
den134 | Pirate Ship Quintet - Rope for No-Hopers Cd | 2x12''
den135 | A Dead Forest Index - Antique Cd | 10''
den136 | The Nest - Music For Drivers Cd | 2x12''
den137 | Carlos Cipa - The Monarch And The Viceroy Cd | 12''
den138 | Sankt Otten - Sequencer Liebe Cd | 12''
den139 | Saffronkeira - A New Life 2xCd | A New Life Part I 2x12''
den140 | Saffronkeira - A New Life Part II 2x12''

MAILORDER NEWS

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. - Son of a Bitches Brew 2x12'' [23€]
Amenra - Afterlife 10'' [16€]
Balmorhea - Rivers Arms 2x12'' [18.5€]
Baroness - Blue Record 2x12'' [22€]
Baroness - Red Album 2x12'' [22€]
Baroness - Yellow & Green Deluxe 2xCd [18.5€]
Baroness Yellow & Green 2x12'' [20€]
Baroness Yellow & Green 2xCd [15€]
Burning Love - Rotten Thing to Say 12'' [17€]
Cairo Steps/ Basem Darwisch/ Matthias Frey - Oud Lounge Oriental Spirits meets Jazz [17€]
Callisto - Noir 2x12'' [24€]
Can - The Lost Tapes 3xCd Boxset [30€]
Caroline - Verdugo Hills Remixes 12'' [15€]
Celeste - Nihiliste(s) Dark Grey Cross Tshirt [14€]
Christian Löffler - A Forest 2x12'' + Cd [23€]
Converge - Jane Doe 2x12'' [27€]
Cornelius Cardew - Nova Musicha n° 6: Four Principles 12'' [19€]
Dale Cooper Quartet & The Dictaphones - Parole De Navarre Asphalt Tshirt [14€]
David Daniell & Douglas McCombs - Versions 2x12'' [16.5€]
David Daniell And Douglas McCombs - Sycamore 12'' [14.5€]
Dead Rat Orchestra - Guga Hunters of Ness 12'' [17.5€]
Derek Bailey - Improvisation 12'' [18.5€]
Dillon - Tip Tapping/ Abrupt Clarity 12'' [10€]
Disappears - Lux 12'' [18€]
Echo Lake - Wild Peace 12'' [18€]
Einar Stray - Chiaroscuro 12'' [16€]
Electric Wizard - S/t 12'' [22€]
Eleh/ Pitre - Split 12'' [21€]
Four Tet - Sing (Remixes) 12'' [10€]
Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond - Quartet 12'' [19€]
Golden Retriever - Occupied With The Unspoken 12'' [16€]
Haxan Cloak - Observatory 12'' [14€]
Horse Latitudes - Awakening 2x12'' [20€]
Implodes - Black Earth 12'' [15€]
James Blake - Love What Happened Here 12'' [10€]
John Cage - Cheap Imitations 12'' [20€]
Kylesa - Time Will Fuse Its Worth 12'' [19€]
Kylesa - To Walk A Middle Course 12'' [19€]
Light Bearer/ Northless - Split 12'' [13€]
Mewithoutyou - Ten Stories 12'' [19€]
Mewithoutyou - Ten Stories Cd [14.5€]
Nadja - Touched Cd [16.5€]
Nadja - Truth Becomes Death Cd [16.5€]
OM - Advaitic Songs Cd [15€]
Outer Space - Outer Space II 12'' [16€]
Piano Magic - Life Has Not Finished With Me Yet 12'' [16€]
Primate - Draw Back A Stump 12'' [16.5€]
Reka/ In The Hearts Of Emperors - Split 12'' [12€]
Russian Circles - Mountain Tshirt [18€]
Sam Prekop - Sam Prekop 12'' [14.5€]
Scythling - Smokefall Cd [14€]
Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra - Reel To Reel 2x12'' [21€]
Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust Cd [16.5€]
Silvester Anfang - Kosmies Cd [14€]
Sleep - Dopesmoker 2x12'' [25€]
Sleep- Dopesmoker Cd [14.5€]
Stars of the Lid - And Their Refinement of the Decline 2xCd [18.5€]
Sylvester Anfang - Sylvester Anfang II Cd [14€]
The Black Twig Pickers - Whompyjawed 12'' [15€]
The Invisible - Wings 12'' [9.5€]
The Sea And Cake - Nassau 12'' [16€]
The Sea And Cake - The Fawn 12'' [16€]
The Sound - From the Lions Mouth 12'' [24€]
The Sound - Jeopardy 12'' [24€]
Thisquietarmy - Vessels 12'' [16€]
Thom Yorke - Eraser 12'' [18.5€]
Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill 12'' [13€]
Three Mile Pilot - Maps 12'' [17€]
Tragedy - Darker Days Ahead 12'' [15€]
Trans Am - Surrender To The Night 12'' [15€]
Troum & Reutoff - Kreuzung Zwei: Creatura Per Creaturam Continetur do 12'' [27.5€]
Troum - Grote Mandrenke Cd [13€]
Year Of No Light - Nord 2x12'' [16€]
Young Moon - Navigated Like the Swans 12'' [16€]
[ B O L T ] - ( 0 2 ) 12'' [17.5€]

denovali
Arrivé(e) au fond du trou, il/elle creuse

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS Empty Re: Preorder now: Two records of ONEIROGEN and TALVIHORROS

Message  denovali Mer 22 Aoû - 5:50

All four records are available now. The preorders are shipped since a while and the shops are equipped. The colored versions are as always selling pretty quickly. Thanks again for your support!

denovali
Arrivé(e) au fond du trou, il/elle creuse

Revenir en haut Aller en bas