Emo France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

Cain and Abel - RIP

2 participants

Cain and Abel - RIP Empty Cain and Abel - RIP

Message  Untitled Mer 20 Fév - 19:08

It’s best not to kick a dead horse. Goodbye.

I'm not sure how to go about writing this to be honest. I am sitting at my computer desk, with a 3.5 inch long x 1.5 inch wide x 1.5 inch deep piece of flesh removed from my buttox (due to a bad infection), and am trying to be as positive as possible about my current situation, haha. A lot of people felt that the moniker 'Cain and Abel' died when George and Jeff left the band, and that might be true. I felt that when Paul and Christian joined Kelly and I that we were finally doing what we all wanted to do musicially, and that we had embarked on what the band was going to be for years to come. I generally am known for hating everything I do, but I can't express how proud I am of the work we did together, the songs we wrote, and of my fellow band members. It took a lot of work to recover from the harm the loss of two friends caused the band, not to mention bankrupting our friend's label - making us the number one risk in local music, haha. That being said, it seems fitting that almost exactly a year from the day my brother and best friend quit the band that we stop kicking this dead horse.

Mr. Paul Rousseau has made the desicion that he no longer wants to be a part of the group, and all we can do is respect that. I made a statement a month ago, that if anyone left the band I would end it for good, because I couldn't imagine being with anyone else who were as talented as Christian, Kelly and Paul are. Shocked by the desicion we immediately tried to think of people who could replace Paul, but, in the end I reverted back to my original statement; I can't bring another foreign body into what's become a very wounded battleship. I consider my bandmates my best friends, and without them I consider this band nothing. Ultimately, as a group, we don't see replacing Paul as a positive step for the band. I'd rather us go out with some sort of dignity and be thankful for what we've experienced together, and the good things this band has brought us.

Before I started the band all I wished for was to play with Moneen. We've done so four times now. We've played with Mike Kinsella, Aloha, the New Amsterdams, and Silverstein at the Hamilton Convention Center (amongst many more). I've reached every goal my younger self had set - along with goals I could have never imagined. We have met so many friends from coast to coast through the band. And I know I've personally lost a lot of them due to focusing far too much on music, and not enough on the relationships i've forged over the years; friends of the past, know I'm sorry for this. I have a very hard time letting go, and letting go of the band is not something I want to do, but I can't ignore the fact that I've become a social hermit, who is constantly jaded, bitter, jealous and has a very hard time saying anything nice. I know finding someone new and trying to get the ball rolling again (under the title Cain and Abel) will only make that worst, and the people around me don't deserve to be bombarded with a negative attitude anymore. I'd like to leave with my chin up and find the good that this situation will bring us. This band has been a cruel cruel mistress, and it seems suiting we "mosey on" this time around.

So, thank you everyone, you mean so much to me, and although I can't speak for the other guys, I think you've meant a lot to them as well. So many people have affected our lives that listing them all would not do justice to the ones I can't remember at this moment. You all know who you are, and you know how you've effected us for the good, or for bad.

We'll be playing a good amount of goodbye shows, and I hope we'll be filling out the rest of our commitments. Unfortunately our original plan of going out East (before all of this transpired) is no longer in the cards, and I apologize that we never got out there. Christian, Kelly, and I will be continuing as a band under a different name with new members, but we'll be taking a lot of time before we plan on playing again. I am certain that Paul will continue to make music he loves as well. Please come say goodbye, and give us hugs and sing along. Anyone who knows me knows how much it pains me to say that Cain and Abel is over. I don't think we will ever stop making music, and I think this is only the beginning of what might be.

Sincerely,

Peter

Sad
Untitled
Untitled
For want of Emofrance

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4763

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Cain and Abel - RIP Empty Re: Cain and Abel - RIP

Message  duffe Mer 20 Fév - 21:55

j'avais écouté à l'époque quelques titres sur myspace grâce à thisisglamour, c'était pas mal.
duffe
duffe
Ashes of giant

Cain and Abel - RIP Empty Re: Cain and Abel - RIP

Message  Untitled Mer 20 Fév - 23:22

j'adore Up North
Untitled
Untitled
For want of Emofrance

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4763